Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Everything you need to make lesson planning a snap this month! Spend more time teaching and less time planning with 7 different resources designed to take work off your plate at the start of the year. Bell ringers, writing, reading, research, and a scavenger hunt activity. Four weeks of plans.
Boom! Lesson planning is finished for the month!
Just plug and play!
As a bonus, you'll get editable lesson plans that you can customize.
What you'll get:
- October warm ups / bell ringer journal with quirky celebrations, historical events, holidays, and quotes.
- "The Monkey's Paw" short story -- Oh my gosh! This story is so creepy! Students will research the author, read the story, discuss (and they will discuss!), and write a literary analysis essay
- "The Lottery" short story -- another amazing story! Students will read, discuss, and write a literary analysis essay
- Write your own Scary Story -- step-by-step help as your students write their own stories as they read two amazing examples of excellent writing. Built in mentor texts!
- October scavenger hunt - perfect team or individual activity to keep students active -- just plain fun!
- Choice/ Bingo board that's ideal for fast finishers or workshop time
- Halloween-themed Greek and Latin root analysis
Plus a BONUS! Editable lesson plans for the month, rubrics, and tips for making planning for this month oh so easy!
How to use this to make your month a breeze:
- Use the warm ups / bell ringers to start each class. If you'd like, have students share their writing with a partner, group, or the class.
- You'll have a reading and writing lesson for each day.
- Most of the work can be done independently
- Use the choice board / bingo board for fast finishers. Challenge students to get a bingo.
- Use the editable bonus resource lesson plans! You're practically finished for four weeks!!!
This is going to save you so much time!
Reasons to love this:
- Your planning is done! Month-long lesson planning chart is included along with assessment ideas, rubric, and tips for a smooth month.
- All items are digital & print versions mean this is so flexible!
- Meaningful, timely resources that your students will love!
- Saves you A TON OF TIME!
By the end of the month, your students will have:
- read two classic short stories
- written their own scary story
- examined Greek & Latin roots
- responded each day to a high interest prompt
- had choices for additional reading and writing activities
- participated in a fun October-themed scavenger hunt
You are going to love having your lessons planned for this month! You'll be able to get to the fun of teaching -- no more hunting around for resources!
Be sure to check out the preview.
I’d love to have you follow my store! Click on the green star to get the latest freebies, sales, and products.
I can't wait to hear from you! I read and respond to all feedback – please let me know how you use this resource & earn TPT credits at the same time! And if you have any questions, just pop them into the Q&A below, and I'll get right back to you!