PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
21.6 MB | 100 pages
These October Literacy Centers are packed with hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your first grade classroom and have TONS of fun activities to use throughout the month of October and fall! This pack includes 10 Literacy Center Activities!
Each Literacy center activity includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for student independence.
• Recording sheets for student accountability.
• Detailed how to use and prep directions.
• Easy to prep activities.
• Answer Keys
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included: LITERACY CENTERS:
• Owls CVC Words- Match CVC words to pictures.
• Blends Mystery Picture- Identify the beginning blend of a picture/word. A mystery picture will be revealed. (2 different mystery pictures included)
• Picking CCVC Words- Sound out and build different CCVC words.
• Candy Corn ABC Order- Put words in alphabetical order.
• Going Through the Pumpkin Patch- Play a game where they read different sight words correctly to help them get closer to winning.
• Sentence Unscramble- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• Long or Short Vowel- Sort pictures by whether they have a short or long vowel.
• Finish the Rhyming Sentence- Find the correct second part of a sentence to make it a complete rhyming sentence.
• Falling Syllables- Sort pictures by the number of syllables it has.
• Sequencing- Read a short story and put pictures in sequential order to go with the story. (4 stories included)
*Download the preview to see all that is included!