Looking for some fun, easy-to-teach math tub activities for October? These Halloween themed activities are perfect for your second graders! They focus on addition and subtraction strategies, graphing, number stories and place value.
1. Candy Corn Place Value- Match the base 10 blocks with the correct standard and expanded forms
2. Add Three!- Add three numbers
3. Spooktacular Number Stories
4. Double and Near Double Bump- Roll the die and find the double or near double fact
5. Monster Mash Dash- Answer the subtraction facts to help the monsters get to the party
6. What's My Strategy- Sort the cards under the correct strategy: Make 10, Doubles or Near Doubles
7. Spin and Graph It
8. Spin a Web: Roll 2 dice and add the numbers. Cover the spiders to win!
9. Line 'Em Up! Order the numbers from greatest to least and least to greatest
Check out the preview to see an example of every game!