The books that I read in class are Octopuses©
by Carol K. Lindeen (a Pebble plus book) nonfiction and Octopus Alone© by Divya Srinivasan, fiction. I also have a few other nonfiction books to look at.
In this packet you will find:
• An octopus fact sheet for the teacher
• Can/have/are graphic organizer
• A graphic organizer for drawing and writing about facts students have learned about.
• Hyperlinks to video clips.
• Octopus Alone story recall organizer.
• Math Survey
• Two writing prompts
• An octopus peek over to copy on colored construction paper.
Students can color eyes, make lashes or brows or color tentacles. You will need
8 X 11” construction paper to mount the head to, then the writing prompt. See picture.
I have also included the Octopuses Friends Ten Frame Game. It is much like roll and cover except using ten frame cards. You could use the board for roll and cover too.
If you want to supplement with more activities there are more games, a write the room and an emergent reader to go along with this theme in my store.
I hope you find this a very good value.
Other nonfiction/fiction packs in my store include:
Elephant Nonfiction/Fiction Literature
Zoo Animal Super Bundle
Moon Science and Literature Unit