Here is a collection of weird fractions worksheets that you can use to enrich your fractions unit. They are great for early finishers or students who need an extra challenge. The problems contained are designed to get your students thinking outside the box.
These worksheets use zany scenarios to capture a student's interest. Here you will find: flying camels; making pizza and soup with chef Numerio Denomino; goats who rock, feet with socks, illustrating a comic book, moustaches, and pie eating. Perfect for the little weirdo in you class.
These worksheets cover a wide range of topics, such as:
- Equivalent fractions,
- Fractions on a number line,
- Fractions as part of a set,
- Different ways of writing fractions,
- Drawing fractions as part of a shape.
Some things to keep in mind, when deciding to use these with students:
- Many of these sheets are wordy and require careful reading. Struggling readers may find them challenging.
- These sheets work well as enrichment work, or as a problem solving exercise. Students who need a lot of explaining for tasks may find these difficult.
- These can also be used as remedial work for older students who need to revisit some fractions concepts.