Odd and Even Sports is a series of centers, games, or activities that allow students to explore whether the sums of even plus even, odd plus odd, and odd plus even are even or odd. It consists of the following activities.
1) Slam Dunk where students sort sums by whether they are odd or even with 36 playing cards and 3 essential questions.
1.What happens when you add an odd number to and odd number?
2.What happens when you add an even number to an even number?
3.When you add an odd number to an even number will you get an odd or even sum?
2) Even and Odd Bump with 2 dice
3) Even and Odd Bump with 3 dice
4) Even and Odd Bump with 2 ten sided dice
5) Even and Odd Bump with 2 twenty sided dice
6) Even and Odd Bump with 2 thirty sided dice
7) Ice Hockey with 36 cards and 2 headers. Students sort the cards by their problem type: odd + odd, even + odd, even + even
8) Touchdown word problem game with 36 cards
9)Football odd even counting money game with 36 game cards, game board, and football cards
10) Goal Post that can be used with any cards in this set or with regular playing cards