Are you looking for a way to challenge students to use imagery while writing about something they love? Odes provide a fun challenge in a creative writing course, as an enrichment activity, or a way to review figurative language. Their open-ended structure, but focused subject matter allow for a gradual release of responsibility for creative writing students or for excellent writers looking to challenge themselves.
Students will love being able to write about something that brings them joy!
This product includes an introductory PowerPoint slideshow, as well as a suggested lesson plan with handouts. The structure is similar to my I Am Poem for High School FREEBIE so check that out for an idea of how my creative writing lessons flow :)
If you need more poetry, enrichment, or a way to introduce figurative language, check out the rest of my creative writing series:
- Figurative Language Student Handout
- Self Poem Mentor Text Study for High School: The Poetry of Elizabeth Acevedo
- Writing Haiku Poems for High School
- Cinquain Poetry Writing for High School
- Black Out and Found Poetry Activity
- Kwame Alexander Mentor Text for High School
- Author Study Project
More creative writing lessons are coming! Make sure you click the green star and follow for more!