Oedipus Rex Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game
*You must have tablets or laptops to play this game. Students should work together in small groups. This game requires students to access Google apps with a Google sign-in.
A breakout box kit is not needed for this game.
Engage your students by having them play this digital escape room game during or after your study of Oedipus Rex. This is a reinforcement activity. Students will work in small groups to solve puzzles in order to "escape the room." This is a no prep activity--all you need to do is share a link to the game! You can share the link by posting it in your online classroom, by projecting it from your laptop, by writing it on the board, or by printing it out for students. Easy!
The game includes a self-checking Google Form, so you can step back and let students pace themselves. Once students escape, they will get a congratulations message they can show to you to let you know they've finished. For differentiation purposes, I've included a teacher guide with visuals and hints to help you coach struggling students.
This game should take average high school students about 45 minutes to play--you can adjust the time if needed. Students will review several different topics related to Oedipus Rex: the Oedipus myth, the killer's identity, the Sphinx's riddle, characters and places, and a quotation from the play. They will also take a closer look at Sophocles' life.
This escape room game incorporates a wide range of multimedia resources, including websites, images, Google Docs, Google Slides with movable pieces, a Google Site, a Google Form, a memory game, and an interactive encrypted puzzle as well as a movable decoder.
• Ballad Poetic Form Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game: British/AP Lit.
• Beowulf Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game
• Edgar Allan Poe The Cask of Amontillado Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game
• Intro to The Canterbury Tales Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game
• Lord of the Flies Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game
• Macbeth Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game: British/AP Lit.
• My Last Duchess Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game
• Romeo and Juliet Digital Lock Box Escape Room Game