There is lots of background information that kids need before they study Oedipus Rex.
You could give them a handout, but it's not the most engaging method, nor is it the best strategy if you want your kids to retain the information.
Stations get them moving around as they discover the background info for Oedipus
, and the activities at each one have them actively taking notes, rather than passively receiving them.
In this product you will find stations with information for:
• The background story of Oedipu
• The gods mentioned in the play*
• The Ancient Greeks (with BONUS poster)
• Ancient Greek Tragedy
• Ancient Greek Theater (or Theatre if you're using British/Canadian spelling)
• A bonus station on the mystery of the Oracle at Delphi
Each station includes an information sheet and a task card with instructions. Students will use these to create their own handouts (blanks included).
*There are many translations of this play and the gods I use are the ones included in the translation I am familiar with. There may be discrepancies in different versions.
You might also like:
•Reader's Workshop Bundle
•Writer's Workshop Bundle
•Placemats for Talking About Text.
•Point of View & Perspective Lessons
Connect with me:
Real Learning in Room 213
Room 213 on Pinterest
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.