If you're teaching Sophocles' play, Oedipus the King (Oedipus Rex), you need this bundle! Filled with 40+ files, this bundle has everything you need to create or supplement your unit or lesson plans.
Included in the bundle:
• 32-slide introductory PowerPoint (not editable) with personal pictures from Greece
• 28 task cards featuring higher-level thinking questions that can be used for review, quizzes, or bell-ringers
• Twitter-style task cards for each character in the play with directions
• Writing prompts
• Close-reading and annotation assignments
• Mask project
• Anticipation guide
• Oedipus character chart
• Freud and Oedipus activity
• Greek mythology gods and goddesses charts
• Parody project
• Oedipus myth pre-reading drama activity
• Related poetry with questions
• Nonfiction articles with questions
• And more!
Files are organized into folders for ease in locating materials. Please note that this is not a scripted unit plan, but rather a collection of files to guide or supplement your unit. Answer keys are not included. The font used on many of the handouts is Gelio Fasolada and can be downloaded free online.
Teaching other tragedies? Check out the following bundles:
The Crucible Unit Plan Bundle -- Worksheets, PowerPoint, Handouts
Macbeth Bundle: Unit Plan, Worksheets, Projects, PowerPoints, Essays
Clip art provided by Rossy's Jungle