"Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles: Text and Critical Introduction.
At last! A readable, user-friendly version of this great play in modern English. The text is original, faithful to the original and yet adapted to the needs of today's students.
1. Annotated list of characters;
2. The full text;
3. Explanatory notes on the text;
4. A separate study guide of questions on each section of the text (58 in all)
The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. Answers are NOT provided; students must find their own answers in the text - and they will. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5. A critical introduction to the play and its background;
6. Practical ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
7. Literary terms activity and glossary of relevant literary terms;