"Oedipus Rex" by Sophocles (Trans. Bernard Knox): A Study Guide offers comprehensive guide to this classic including:
1. Annotated list of characters;
2. A clear, original account of the back-story: the Myth of Oedipus. Also, a detailed introduction to Greek Tragedy;
3. 58 in-depth questions on the play. The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. No answers are provided. Students will find their own answers in the text - and they will. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test. The questions can be used for class group discussion, homework, individual study, classroom presentations, etc.;
4. Ideas for grouping students for discussion, feedback, and presentations;
5. Literary terms activity with student sheets;
6. Literary terms glossary.
NOTE: Also on TPT I have a version of the play with my own, reader-friendly rendition into modern English.