Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.79 MB | approx 20 pages
This informative and engaging lesson aims to improve students' knowledge and understanding of the character of Lennie in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. It also aims to improve their analytical skills, so that they can demonstrate sustained and sophisticated interpretations of the character.
This pack includes the full lesson presentation, with animations and key information, a worksheet with clear and concise instructions, an example analysis extract, and full teacher guidance. The learning journey is clear and progressive, following a pathway of progressively more difficult tasks, including:
- An engaging memory game task to recognise and remember items and ideas that are related to the character of Lennie;
- A worksheet that enables students to demonstrate understanding of key quotations about Lennie, and to link Lennie to key themes and ideas.
- Close reading of a modelled example analysis paragraph;
- Joint creation of an analysis success criteria;
- An opportunity to answer an exam style question based upon the character of Lennie;
- A chance to peer assess against the success criteria.
Students should have read, (or during this lesson read) up to the section in which George and Lennie meet their new boss, in order to fully access the lesson.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the presentation.