Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
77.44 MB | 120+ pages
This bundle of resources for Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck features Common Core aligned lessons, PowerPoints, assessments, and rubrics. All of the Literary Lyceum materials on the novel are included in this bundle, which makes it a tremendous deal. Over 80 pages of materials and over 30 PowerPoint slides give you the resources you need to teach a number of different skills and standards.
In this bundle, you will receive:
- A reading comprehension bundle with reading comprehension questions and quizzes (with accompanying answer keys) for every chapter of the book
- An anticipatory activity with an image-rich PowerPoint to get students thinking about larger themes before reading the text
- An entertaining slang game related to Of Mice and Men, complete with printables and PowerPoint answer key
- A lesson, PowerPoint, and worksheet centered on characterization
- An analytical group work lesson on chapter four where students analyze the "outsiders" who are alienated by the other characters
- A lesson, worksheet, and "Teacher's Key" on Robert Burns' poem "To A Mouse" and its relationship to Of Mice and Men
- A group work "Think Like a Disciplinarian" lesson that encourages students to consider different expert disciplinary perspectives
- A non-fiction lesson devoted to the idea of the migrant workers
- A lesson, worksheet, and PowerPoint on the themes of the book
- A literary analysis essay prompt and rubric, plus accompanying handouts for essay writing support