This is a Common-Core aligned full unit for Of Mice and Men. It can be used for a variety of grade and ability levels, and is easily adaptable!
The bundle includes a full-text guided reading packet, PowerPoint, final test, and crossword puzzle activity. The PowerPoint and test are both fully aligned with the guided reading packet. All of these materials, when used in conjunction, form a comprehensive and dynamic unit that will really help students understand and analyze the text!
The guided reading packet includes:
1) Information about John Steinbeck
2) Sections for taking notes about the novel's publication
3) Pre-reading discussion questions
4) A list of vocabulary terms that can help students talk about the text
5) A WebQuest for uncovering information that will allow them to conduct more sophisticated analyses of the text
6) Text-dependent questions (both comprehension- and analysis-based) that are divided by sections of the novel
7) A title analysis of "To a Mouse" by Robert Burns
8) A chart for helping students to identify and discuss themes
9) A character list with pictures and descriptions