As students read Of Mice and Men, they will record and analyze quotations from the work that illustrate a selected motif.
• explain HOW this quotation shows the motif
• choose the most important word in the quotation and explain WHY
• discuss the EMOTIONAL EFFECT the quotation may have on the reader
• identify any literary devices used in the quotation
• explain HOW the quotation shows the tone or mood
This document includes possible motifs as well as a chart for students to record quotations/analysis.