Enjoy this MASSIVE bundle of beautifully designed materials that will take your class through FOUR FULL WEEKS OF LESSONS covering John Steinbeck’s classic novel, Of Mice and Men. Everything you’ll need is here; just add a class set of novels and you’re good to go.
This Of Mice and Men bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle) (3-page PDF)
• An extended metaphor activity
that helps familiarize students with John Steinbeck’s writing style and call for social awareness/change (3-page PDF, 3-slide Powerpoint)
• An introductory lesson focusing on the N-word
and its use in the novel (3-page PDF, 2-slide Powerpoint)
• One-Question Quizzers for Of Mice and Men
to hold students accountable for nightly reading assignments. A quick and easy way for you to tell who is – and isn’t – completing nightly reading of the novel. Key included. (3-page PDF)
• Study guide/homework/group discussion questions for all six chapters in Of Mice and Men
with detailed answer key. (11-page PDF)
• Close reading worksheets featuring slices of text from ch. 1 and ch. 5; these two lessons come with detailed examples of completed worksheets to serve as models of proper annotation and discussion starters. (4-page PDF)
• Cross-curricular lesson using math and problem-solving skills in the Day in the Life of the Working Poor activity
. (1-page PDF)
• A Police Report
writing and sketch activity to reinforce real-world language skills. This worksheet can be reused with many other short stories, plays, and novels. (2-page PDF)
• Cross-curricular art lesson with student samples and mini-lesson video notes on teaching perspective (6-page PDF, 6-slide Powerpoint, 3-minute video for lecturer prep)
• One-period lesson materials
connecting Robert Burns’ poem “To a Mouse” to the title of Steinbeck’s novel. (2-page PDF)
• 50-question end-of-unit exam (multiple choice, true/false, plot the order of events, and quote identification) with answer key (4-page PDF)
• In-class essay prompt sheet featuring three options that will all require mastery of text and depth of thought in students’ analysis (1-page PDF)
A total of 43 pages and 11 slides of rich content! Tons of material to keep your students entertained and enriched.
Note: More than half of these items (the extended metaphor activity, the “N-word” lesson, the one-question quizzers, the study guide/homework/group discussion questions, the cross-curricular math lesson, the Police Report worksheet, and the Robert Burns poem lesson) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The other five items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle.
Thanks for stopping by!