Enjoy this bundle of thoughtful materials designed to take your students through four weeks of lessons covering John Steinbeck’s classic novel, Of Mice and Men. Everything you’ll need is here – just add a class set of novels and you’re good to go.
This Of Mice and Men bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle)
• An extended metaphor activity that helps familiarize students with John Steinbeck’s writing style and call for social awareness/change
• A research organizer to guide students as they conduct their own author biography research about John Steinbeck, his literary works, and his life (PDF and Google Drive version)
• One-Question Quizzers for Of Mice and Men to hold students accountable for nightly reading assignments. A quick and easy way for you to tell who is – and isn’t – completing nightly reading of the novel. Key included.
• Chapter-by-chapter question set for all six chapters in Of Mice and Men with detailed answer key. (PDF and Google Drive version)
• Close reading worksheets featuring slices of text from ch. 1 and ch. 5; these two lessons come with detailed examples of completed worksheets to serve as models of proper annotation and discussion starters.
• Cross-curricular lesson using math and problem-solving skills in the Day in the Life of the Working Poor activity.
• A Police Report writing and sketch activity to reinforce real-world language skills. This worksheet (PDF and Google Drive version) can be reused with many other short stories, plays, and novels.
• Cross-curricular art lesson with student samples and mini-lesson video notes on teaching perspective
• One-period lesson materials connecting Robert Burns’ poem “To a Mouse” to the title of Steinbeck’s novel
• 50-question end-of-unit exam (multiple choice, true/false, plot the order of events, and quote identification) with answer key
• In-class essay prompt sheet featuring three options that will all require mastery of text and depth of thought in students’ analysis
A total of 38 pages and 8 slides, all uneditable PDF format.
Note: More than half of these items (the extended metaphor activity, the Steinbeck author bio research organizer, the one-question quizzers, the study guide/homework/group discussion questions, the cross-curricular math lesson, the Police Report worksheet, and the Robert Burns poem lesson) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The other five items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cover image credit: Pixabay, Public domain