As artists and other thinkers began to dissect the modernist ideal of progress, a new approach to evaluating culture emerged. Known as “post-modernism” these ideas changed art significantly. In this mini- lesson students research some artists and artworks influenced by post-modernist ideas.
This mini-lesson includes:
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Modifiable written assignment to develop analytical thinking about art
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
You can preview the main video that supports this unit, Well, how did we get here?