Here are 3, quick, easy and fun writing prompt craftivities that your students will really enjoy.
- “This was awesome! I found it to be especially unique and meaningful. It was easy for my 1st graders to do, and the perfect project to put up on the hall bulletin board. Thanks for a fantastic product.”
- "This activity was super cute. It was also easy to prep."
- "My students really enjoyed creating their bucket list and I loved hearing all their creative ideas!"
These activities are perfect go-a longs with Seuss's Oh The Places You'll Go book.
On the large bucket, students think of 5 places they want to go. They write the place, followed by what they want to see there, or what they want to do while they are there.
There’s also another writing prompt option of “Oh the top 5 things I want to do are…”
I’ve included a full-page pattern, as well as a smaller, 2-on-a-page template to conserve paper.
The 3rd prompt is a mini-bucket “slider", where students think of all of the things they'd like to do, and jot them down on a strip of paper.
This can be for the month, year, in 5, 10, 20 years, or a list of all they want to do. They can include this time commitment on their hat.
Students can color their large bucket to look like an upside down Seuss hat, or color the stripes however they want.
Some of my students used the color scheme featured in the “Oh The Places You’ll Go” story: pink, powder blue, purple, light green, orange and yellow.
Simply choose which writing prompt best suits your students, or give them a choice. They are different enough that you can do several.
- “So cute and a great way to learn about my 4th graders and where they want to go and what they want to do in their lifetime. The rest of the school loved them too.”
- "My students enjoyed this project! It was awesome to see how much my 2nd graders thought about what they wanted to do with their lives!"
Completed projects make sweet bulletin boards for March is Reading Month or a Dr. Seuss celebration.
- "My students LOVED creating this for our bulletin board project! They had a great time researching places and designing their buckets."
- "So cute for a bulletin board display - my students loved this!"
- "Looked so beautiful on my bulletin board for Dr. Seuss's birthday month!"
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy contemplating their dreams and goals for the future, with this writing prompt craftivity.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.