Oil Spill Earth Day STEM Challenge!
This exciting and engaging STEM challenge will allow your students to explore the challenged faced with cleaning up an oil spill!
The students will gain background knowledge about oils spills and the effects the spills have on our planet. Then students will design, plan, and create a contraption to clean up the oil spill. After their creation is through, students will write an information essay about oil spills and what they have learned!
Great for celebrating Earth Day! This makes a wonderful bulletin board!
This item includes:
- Teacher reference guide
- PowerPoint document used to teach all lessons and facilitate instruction
- Oil Spill article for student reference
- Student packet with all pages needed to help them plan and design
- Informational essay checklist for students
- Rubrics, Student task cards (for bulletin boards), and NYS Science standards
Happy Teaching! :)