Teaching the concept of synonyms with an exciting twist! Old Gobbler is a great way to introduce, implement, and review/practice synonyms related to Thanksgiving. The activities are correlated to ELA Common Core Standards.
Students will enjoy completing a cloze story about a desperate tiny turkey. They will have fun playing the Old Gobbler card game – a new twist on a classic favorite, Old Maid, using synonyms to make pairs. No one will want to be left holding the Old Gobbler!
• Comprehensive 4-page lesson plan
• 12 synonym pairs list
• Synonym equivalent activity
• 2-page cloze activity (teacher and student copies)
• 26-page card template with complete printing instructions
• Card game directions (teacher and student copies)
• Word search puzzle
• Crossword puzzle
This lesson can fit perfectly in your 4th grade ELA classroom and/or guided reading centers this Thanksgiving. Thanks for popping in to visit us!
Your friends at Wise Ideas © 2012