There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell Retelling Pack is intended to be used after reading the book by Lucille Colandro and Jared Lee. What's Included:
• Vocabulary Cards: Print, laminate, and display. I put mine in a pocket chart. We discuss vocabulary before we read the story. During journal time, my little ones will pick a word, write it in their journals, and illustrate the word. You can also use to read/write the room.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Old lady story pieces: smaller pieces to use with a puppet. Use the old lady head and a paper bag to make a puppet if you do not have one.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue picture in order of the things the old lady swallowed in the story.
• There Was an Old Lady Essential Questions. Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• There Was an Old Lady Emergent Reader. A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store and blog http://preschoolwondersblog.blogspot.com to be notified when freebies and new products are posted!