This cute POWER-POINT lesson presents the new "mystery note" Low La to your elementary music students. Activities included in this file are as follows:
1. A lyrics page followed by a heartbeat bunny icon tapping chart.
2. A rhythm dictation activity where students identify duration of sounds per beat.
3. A reading melodic/rhythmic notation picture icon tapping chart, identifying a concealed icon as the new "mystery note" using the idea of the popular story of Solfa Melody Street in which the new "mystery note" has a "For Sale" sign covering it so students can't see the name of it.
4. A reading the song from real melodic notation on the staff with cabbage heads as the note-heads. The "mystery note" is still concealed.
5. A "Melody Street" slide in which the "mystery note" is concealed but then revealed and is made conscious to students.
6. Same as #4 but with real music notation note-heads.
7. An interactive melodic note identification activity in which the students will have to label and place the new "mystery note" on the staff in multiple places depending on the notes that are already provided within each given exercise.
This lesson is a great way to assess your students' understanding of this new concept presented in the lesson.
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License