This fun, adorable song is a great way to introduce your elementary music students to the concept of new rhythm pattern "tam-ti" (dotted quarter-single eighth). In this POWER-POINT version of this file, activities include:
1. A lyrics page with 7 verses of the song.
2. A heartbeat icon tapping page.
3. A rhythm icon tapping page in which they new rhythm pattern is concealed, then revealed with interactive boxes that prompt students to think about how many sounds they are hearing per heartbeat as they sing and clap the words to the song.
4. Same as #3 except the new rhythm pattern is highlighted.
5. A melodic & rhythmic iconic notation tapping chart where students are prompted to analyze/observe what they notice different about this particular chart compared to the previous ones.
6. Reading the melodic icon notation from the staff activity. The new rhythm pattern is located and highlighted but still has not been "labeled" or "named" at this point.
7. The official introduction and "naming" of the new rhythm pattern. Interactive icons reveal the # of heartbeats that this new rhythm pattern has on this slide.
8. This slide is identical to item #6 except the notation is switched to real note head notation AND the new rhythm pattern is known/named to the students.
9. A citation of the original song notation.
Note: You must have POWER-POINT software to run this particular file. This lesson is also available in SMART NOTEBOOK software AND is available for purchase in my store in this format if you have access to SMART NOTEBOOK. Please follow link below to purchase the SMART NOTEBOOK edition if you would like that format of this lesson instead. Otherwise, enjoy this PPT edition!!!
Old Molly Hare, SMART NOTEBOOK EDITION
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License