Old Mother Hubbard is part of my Nursery Rhyme Emergent Literacy Center Series. There is so much to love about nursery rhymes!
Of the 10 centers in this collection, 4 of them are used each day throughout the week. These centers are of the type that children enjoy repeating and continue to use very productively.
The Daily Centers are:
• Writing the Room
• Reading and Writing Fluency Triangles
• Concentration Game
• I Can Spy the Words
The Project Center is also a daily center, but the content changes each day. During this time, the child completes one activity each day within the rotation time block. These 6 centers are in black and white, ready for you to run off as class sets.
The 6 Project Centers are:
• Emergent Reading Book
• Old Mother Hubbard Poetry Book addition
• Retelling Story Headband craftivity
• Word and Picture Rhyming match
• Fill-in-the-Blank-missing words from the poem
• I Can Label It!-thematic picture
In addition, 3 bonus items are included in this pack:
• Old Mother Hubbard class book (8.5X11") in color
• Pocket Chart Pictures in color
• Old Mother Hubbard poem, in color, for the class poetry
As teachers, we know how the ability to hear rhyme or alliteration is an essential component in the progression of phonemic awareness development. The use of nursery rhymes in the classroom can assist in the development of phonemic awareness, as well as help develop an understanding of vocabulary, syntax, and story structure. These rhymes usually tell a story with a beginning, middle and end, which teaches that events happen in sequence. Plus, they are easy to recall and memorize!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
• Do you like this lesson, but are not ready to buy it just yet? Just put it on your WISH LIST or “Pin It” so you don’t lose this item! ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about new products.
With thanks-kinder tweets