Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from OLD YELLER.
Examples of clues:
* One part meant that his short hair was a DINGY yellow, a color that we called “yeller” in those days. (ant.) ANSWER: bright
* Also, the CARCASS lay too close to the spring. (___ body; ant.) ANSWER: live
* They met head on, with a loud crash of horns and a JAR so solid that it seemed like I could feel it clear up there on the fence. (syn.) ANSWER: hit
* A big diamond-back rattler struck at Papa and Papa chopped his head off with one quick lick of his SCYTHE. (A ___ tool; syn.) ANSWER: cutting
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from OLD YELLER edition of Bookmarks Plus.
Old Yeller edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Very Handy Little Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my OLD YELLER 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle.
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are more unique products over OLD YELLER—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* BOOKMARKS PLUS: OLD YELLER edition—A Very Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* OLD YELLER: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarize students with new words before they read the book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Old Yeller edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Old Yeller Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* OLD YELLER: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Puzzle—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!