Also included in
- Your class will have their best Christmas ever with Christmas Read Aloud STEM Challenges! Create a Gingerbread Disguise. Trap an Elf. Build a Polar Express Maze. Help Olive the other Reindeer fly. Your students will love this STEM bundle!Literacy Integration:Includes 4 Christmas Activities and lesso$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
- Includes TpT Digital version for Google Classroom remote learning.Make learning fun with these Christmas STEM Activities! Our 12 most popular Christmas STEM projects are all you need to keep your kids engaged during the Christmas Season! Amazing winter resource for STEM club, STEM Teachers, and elem$25.00$41.00Save $16.00
- Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world problems, learn about STEM role models, pioneer$100.00$158.00Save $58.00
Integrate STEM in your classroom this Christmas Season with Olive the Other Reindeer Christmas STEM Challenge!
Students discover how to make Olive fly and increase problem solving and engineering skills through this engaging Christmas STEM challenge. An excellent companion activity to the book Olive, The Other Reindeer by J. Otto Seibold and Vivian Walsh.
Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
After the STEM project is complete, students write a narrative about Olive's life after Christmas using characters, setting, problem/solution, and events with a beginning, middle, and end.
Aligns with the NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards).
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Instructions
- Student Planning Pages
- Flying Reindeer STEM Journal + Digital STEM Journal
- Opinion Writing Activity
- Common Core and NGSS Standards
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on this listing.
- Paper Clips
- Yarn or String
- Ruler or Yard Stick
- Olive, The Other Reindeer by J.otto Seibold and Vivian Walsh (optional)
ALIGNS TO NGSS
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how
the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on
how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the