The Journey of Oliver K. Woodman Language Arts Super-BUNDLE
Please see the preview for highlights from this bundle.
This story is a favorite of my students. The author has made this wooden character come alive by the humorous ways people interact with him. clever and witty word play makes this story a children’s favorite. It can be found at Amazon
in Journeys Grade 3, Unit 5, Lesson 23 and other text books. This could be paired with Flat Stanley for a new spin on mapping out books.
Writing about Oliver K. Woodman
1. Plot – Somebody, wanted, but, so then foldable
2. Character’s humorous response
3. Point of View Letter
4. Compare Contrast stories
5. Argument essay
6. Mapping activity
7. Timeline recording
8. Sequence with transitions
9. Character analysis
10. 3 Essays ( 2 adapted from Harcourt)
Vocabulary Activities Include
1. Interactive Notebook - 5 words on a page (2 pages)
2. Foldable with all 10 words on one page
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version for finding more words
5. Word Wall
6. Word cards
7. Question cards
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with and without glossary page number required
2. Short Answer - This page expands on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and filling in answers increases rigor.
3. Freebie – Multiple choice modified from Harcourt to fit on one page, include page proof, and include questions with multiple answers.
Traveler – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
The figurative language of quotes opens up critical thinking to students. They usually begin with literal answers, but by the end of our discussion I’m amazed at so much wisdom from such small bodies.
• If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
• Map out your future - but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.
Jon Bon Jovi
Each prompt includes:
1. Formal poster
2. Elementary Poster
3. Full Color Poster
4. Prewrite graphic organizer
5. Organizer with writing space
6. Quote with writing space
Oliver K. Woodman Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Oliver K. Woodman By Darcy Pattison Super BUNDLE
• Oliver K. Woodman Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Oliver K. Woodman Quizzes
• Oliver K. Woodman Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Oliver K. Woodman Writing
• Traveling Inspirational QUOTES
Many thanks to the creative talents of:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Berry-Basicshttp://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ (Tessa McGuire)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Berry-Basics http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.