This resource is an interactive, 64 question powerpoint quiz containing engaging images on the Olympic Games and Rio 2016. There are 3 multiple choice answers.
This resource would make an ideal end of semester quiz in preparation for the impending Olympic Games.
The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the ' Citius Altius, Fortius' image. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
A question and answer sheet are provided to allow individuals / teams to record their answers. Or these could be given to pupils for research.
1. What was the only event at the first Olympics in 776BC?
2. How many rings are there on the Olympic flag?
3. In which event was a new technique used by American athlete Dick Fosbury?
4. How many sports will there be at the Rio 2016 Games?
5. What is Usain Bolt’s Olympic Record time for the 100 metres?
6. The ‘J’ approach and the ‘flared’ approach are associated with which event?
7. At which Olympic opening ceremony did a man fly into the central stadium on a jet pack?
8. Who decides where the Olympic games will be held ?
9. Where did Usain Bolt first do his ‘To Di World’ pose?
10.What is the name of this mountain in Rio de Janeiro?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
An accompanying Powerpoint assembly is also available to purchase for just
Inspire and Educate