Are you looking for an engaging way to prepare you students for state testing this year? Do you want to review test taking strategies and content at the same time, but also have fun with your students? This Olympics-themed test prep unit is for you!
What does this unit include?
- Country posters to use to divide students up into team (teams can be created within one class, between classes competing against each other, or across grade levels!)
- Olympics scoreboard
- 10 challenge activities for teams to participate in throughout each week (rock, paper, scissors, 100 yard dash, checkers, etc.)
- 10 weeks of academic challenges. Each week includes an ELA and Math task. These are provided both digital or printable
- Answer keys for each academic challenge, where applicable
- Olympics certificate to give to students when they have completed all 10 weeks of challenge material!
How will this product benefit my students?
Using an engaging, thematic approach to test prep can create more buy-in with our students! When students are invested in earning points, supporting a team, and winning a competition, they are more likely to dig a little deeper and work harder. Plus, the Olympics theme to this unit can be connected to many social studies standards about countries and culture! This entire unit will engage your students across subject areas, and help them practice their test-taking skills!
If you want to see all of my future resources, and grab each new product at 50% off when it is first released, be sure to FOLLOW MY STORE!