Use these ideas to enhance your farm unit.
This packet includes:
1. Photos from the classroom
2. Chicken Feed labels - print, cut out, and glue on small bags
3. Would you find this animal at the farm? - This is to be created as a prediction chart. Cut out large square cards and tape picture cards over the "yes/no" spaces. Ask students if they would find this animal at the farm. Listen to predictions, then lift the picture to reveal the answer.
4.Farm Animal Project - This is an at home family project. A family letter is included. A Farm animal report form is included as well as enlarged animals for students to choose from to decorate.
5.What is your favorite farm animal? - This graph includes enlarged title cards, choice cards with animal pictures?
6. Graph - What is your favorite lunchbox food? We read the book How Did That Get into My Lunchbox. This graph includes enlarged title cards and answer choice cards.
7.Graph - What is your favorite kind of milk? Includes enlarged title cards and answer choice cards
8. Sheep's wool is soft as...- Create a chart with these enlarged words and have students brainstorm. Have them try to think of a one of a kind idea.
9.Use these enlarged cards to create an organizational chart. Students help you complete the chart. Farms are...can...have...
10.Making words cubes - Two cubes are included. Roll the cubes to make words. Then use the recording sheet to decide if the words are real or make believe.
11. Many, different words to describe the farm - Use the enlarged word cards to create a chart. Have students brainstorm lots of different responses.