I teach Fairy Tales as the 100th Day of School is approaching. We have a Fairy Tale Ball and everyone dresses up as a fairy tale character. Part 1 is a celebration packet with pieces to help with your celebration. This is Part 2 which includes learning activities.
This Packet includes:
1. Ingredients for a Fairy Tale - There are enlarged title cards. This is to be made into a class chart (like a grid). There are 11 ingredients. They are typed and enlarged for your chart along with some coordinating clip art. As you read a fairy tale, check off the boxes that applied to that story.
2. Graph - Do you believe in happily ever after? Includes enlarged title cards with answer choices
3. Making Words - There are two different sheets. Students cut out the letters at the bottom and manipulate them around to make 2, 3, and 4 letter words. The words are "Fairytale" and "Charming."
4. Title Cards - Includes enlarged title cards for fairy tale titles (The Three Bears, Three Little Pigs, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Three Billy Goats Gruff)
5. Story Map Template - This can be copied for students. Students fill in title, characters, setting, and main events.
6. Story Map word cards - Includes enlarged word cards that match story map template.
7. Compare and Contrast - There are three sheets for comparing and contrasting different versions of a fairy tale. Included are The Three Bears vs. Beware of the Bears, Cinderella vs. Cinder Edna, and Cinderella vs. Yeh-Shen.
8. Wolf Brainstorming Sheet - What would you have done to trick the wolf?
9. Wanted Poster - Students can create their own wanted posters for various characters such as the wolf in the Three Little Pigs.