This handout / worksheet is designed to enable an in-depth teaching and preparation of the poem "One Art" by Elizabeth Bishop. The poem is also on the IGCSE English Literature curriculum for exams in 2018 and 2019.
You can buy this handout as part of the IGCSE Poetry May 2018 / May 2019 bundle, here: IGCSE Poetry May 2018 / 2019 Bundle
The handout includes:
1) Short biography and introduction to the poet - Elizabeth Bishop.
2) Pre-reading discussion activities to introduce the main issues and topic of the poem.
3) The poem text with line numbers to facilitate a close-reading, and annotations for difficult words and concepts.
4) Additional detailed information about specific features of the poem (e.g. its structure follows an unconventional villanelle).
5) Close-reading & analysis questions.
Enjoy, and please give feedback!