Students decide how they feel about a novel from their first interaction with it so having engaging pre reading activities is important; they set the stage for the new novel. These pre-reading assignments and activities will have your students up and moving, and thinking and talking about the themes of One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia. They will find evidence, explain their opinion, discuss and write, make connections and predictions, and ask questions.
This pre-reading pack for includes:
1. 7 pre-reading activities;
2. Activities for different learning styles—writing, discussing, and thinking, paired and whole class, at-your-desk and moving around;
3. A Table of Contents that makes materials easy to find;
4. Objectives and Common Core standards for the collection;
5. Detailed directions for each activity.
Prints in color or greyscale.
Tips to Buyers:
You may also be interested in:
One Crazy Summer--Comprehension Quizzes and Answer Keys
One Crazy Summer-- Vocabulary Activities
Pre-Reading Activities for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Pre-Reading Activities for To Kill a Mockingbird
Be the first to learn about new products! Click on the green star beside my store logo to become a follower and receive updates about my store.
Please go to your My Purchases page and click on the Provide Feedback button next to each purchase. Leave a rating and a short comment. With each rating you submit, you earn feedback credit that you can ‘spend’ on future TpT purchases.
If you have questions, please email me at WritingbyRachelC@gmail.com
Have a great day,