Help your students learn the concept of subtraction with this catchy subtracting one song!
*Lesson Objective: Children will learn Children will learn the concept of subtracting “1 less” from 10 to 0, learn to count backward from 10, and that subtraction is the opposite of addition (reverse operation).
*Early Learning Standard Strands:
-Counting backwards from 10
*Academic Vocabulary: ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, pennies, pocket, less
*Sight Words: I, have, in, my, yes, do, and, you, can, take, one, away, it, is, two, three, four
-Call and Response
*Additional Supplies needed:
-4 8.5X11 transparency sheets
To see a sample of the this song and the movements go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gYGUSwRWysE
The download includes:
1. Introduction with Lesson Elements
2. MP3 of One Less Penny Blues
3. Lesson Script to help you introduce the song and movements to your classroom complete with recommended booklists and activities to reinforce the learning concept.
4. Lyrics and Movement page
5. Visual Aids1: Print or project images for teaching
6. Visual Aids2: Print or project images for teaching
7. Bridging Activity2: Black Line Masters for printing
8. Activity Sheet for reinforcement
9. Parent Guide in English
10. Parent Guide in Spanish
One Less Penny Blues
by Music, Movement & Magination
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License