- Includes TpT Digital Activities for Google Classroom remote learning.Integrate Real-World STEM in your classroom during April with Earth Day Read Aloud STEM Challenges! Teach students about the importance of taking care of the environment, recycling, and more! Upcycle a Plastic Bag, Engineer a Solar$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
- Includes TpT Digital Tool Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engine$100.00$158.00Save $58.00
- Product Description
INCLUDES TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom!
Integrate STEAM in your classroom and teach students about recycling!
Learn about recycling, reducing, and reusing! Students design and build their very own Upcycled Plastic Bag Bracelet! After making their bracelets, students use the STEAM process to think of another way plastic bags can be repurposed. Finally, students write about ways they can recycle, reduce, and reuse in their own school and community.
Excellent activity for Earth Day!
Connect to a Read Aloud: One Plastic Bag
This STEAM Project is a companion activity to One Plastic Bag by Miranda Paul. The book explores Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of Gambia. We also included our own reading passage and questions about Isatou Ceesay.
Take students through the STEAM Process!
Students design, build, and test their own Upcycled Plastic Bag Bracelet. After they have completed their STEAM activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
A writing activity is included as a follow up for students to write about how they can better integrate recycling in their school!
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM teachers, elementary librarians, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
- Plastic Bags
- Duct Tape
- One Plastic Bag by Miranda Paul (Recommended)
- Teacher Instructions (with detailed photos)
- Isatou Ceesay Reading Passage and Questions
- Student STEM Journal
- Student Instructions
- Student Upcycled Plastic Bag Bracelet STEAM Activity
- Student Reflection Sheet
- Writing Activity
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom