This activity asks students to use a single slide to illustrate what they have learned about a research question. It's a quick, engaging way for them to practice narrowing their focus, selecting sources and quotations, and paraphrasing (it does not include lessons on how to do that).
The resource includes:
- Instructions for the one-slider assignment
- Sample slides for instruction and inspiration
- A rubric for assessment
- Instructions for how to create the slides
The slideshow is one you can use for synchronous and/or asynchronous learning. You can present the introductory directions to your students or have them work through them on their own as it is set up in a way that will allow them to use it independently. Everything is editable, so you will be able to tweak as needed.
You might also like:
Looking for other resources that will engage students while distance learning?
- Digital Choice Boards
- Writing Challenges
- Engaging Activities for Online Learning
- Informational Texts for Distance Learning
- Check out all of my online resources here.
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas: