One Step Equations mini-unit focuses on distinguishing expressions and equations, modeling equivalent expressions with algebra tiles, determining solutions to equations, and solving one step equations. This introduction to equations includes notes, 2 activities, exit tickets, homework, 2 quick writes, and 2 quizzes. These materials will engage kids as they learn about this important math concept. Answer keys are included.
(1) Guided notes: information that gets straight to the point in easy-to-understand language and visuals.
(2) Activity: These activities support the main lesson and give students the opportunity to learn while having fun!
(3) Exit tickets: small, but effective tool to assess student learning.
(4) Homework: reinforce the lesson at home.
(5) Quick writes: focus on equations and modeling equivalent expressions.
(6) Quiz: 10 multiple choice questions on introduction to equations and 10 multiple choice questions on solving one-step equations
*versions with negative numbers included.
Each purchase of Introduction to Equations is for individual use only. The individual licensee can make copies for one classroom only. Licensee is not permitted to upload this product to the Internet for any reason. Additional licenses are available on TeachersPayTeachers.com
© 2015 NJM All Rights Reserved