This self-checking math activity is a great way to get students out of their seat and excited about learning. This student favorite can be played individually, in pairs, or small groups.
1. Print and Cut Scavenger Hunt Cards
2. Hide the cards around the classroom. I tape them on posters, doors, windows, books, etc. (It’s also fun to let students re-hide them for the next class.)
3. Students can work individually, pairs, or small groups. Instruct students/groups to find a card and stand by it.
4. They are to copy and work the problem.
5. Then, students continue the hunt by looking for their answer (in the snowflake) on the other cards in the room. This card contains their next problem to solve.
6. The scavenger hunt is complete when all of the self-checking problems are solved.
The activity works well for guided practice and test/quiz reviews, and provides opportunities for peer tutoring.
Answer key included.
One-Step Equations Winter Scavenger Hunt by Suzie's Angle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License