This file has 8 one step word problems. There are two additional guided practice word problems. There is an answer key included.
Each page has two task cards on each.
Each task card tells students to:
1. Solve the word problem below.
2. Start by understanding what you are being asked to find. (This means read the question first.)
3. Then locate the information important to answering the question.
4. Check and make sure your answer is reasonable.
Each task card also has a place for students to answer the following as they are relevant to each word problem:
I am asked to find:
My answer is reasonable because:
These cards can be used:
- In centers
- Complete in pairs or groups.
Happy Students Make Even Happier Teachers!