The students will be able to:
• Identify and describe forms of energy including light, heat, sound, electrical, chemical, wind energy and mechanical
• Perform repeated trials and explain the importance of repeated trials in an investigation
• Explain difference between an experiment and other types of investigations
• Recognize and explain authentic scientific investigations do not always follow the steps scientific method
• Plan and carry out scientific investigations of various types
SC.5.N.1.1 - Define a problem, use appropriate reference materials to support scientific understanding, plan and carry out scientific investigations of various types such as: systematic observations, experiments requiring the identification of variables, collecting and organizing data, interpreting data in charts, tables, and graphics, analyze information, make predictions, and defend conclusions.
SC.5.N.1.2- Explain the difference between an experiment and other types of scientific investigation.
SC.5.N.1.5- Recognize and explain that authentic scientific investigation frequently does not parallel the steps of "the scientific method."
SC.5.P.10.1 – Investigate and describe some basic forms of energy, including light, heat, sound, electrical, chemical, and mechanical.
CCSS ELA Standards: R.I.#1, R.I. #4, R.I.#10