The Suspect Boards for One of Us is Lying, novel by Karen M. McManus, allow students to put the characters from the novel on trial and make an argument for which character killed Simon. After chapter 4, students must use textual evidence and analyze the character's motivations and secrets to prove their character is the killer!
- Put students in groups and have them pick one of the four main characters (or assign) Cooper, Addy, Bronwyn, or Nate
- Have them find 5 characters that have or are building a relationship with their character. How are they connected?
- Find textual evidence for secrets that your character has
- Find textual evidence for reasons your character may have killed Simon
- Find textual evidence of your character's motivation to kill Simon