One-to-one reading strips that are perfect to use with beginning readers! Print, cut, and laminate reading strips to practice word segmenting, letter-sound correspondence, blending, and word recognition. Use the included CVC picture cue cards to practice sounding out and writing CVC words. This resource highlights key skills for developing readers, and skills that are outlined by the Common Core, in the area of Reading Foundational Skills.
This resource includes:
- Three (3) One-to-One Reading Strips in the CV, VC, CVC, and CVCC word format
- One (1) sheet of CVC word picture cards
Worksheets are aligned to the following Common Core Skills:
- Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words
- Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
- Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
- Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words
- Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.