To use online Literature Circles with Google Docs:
1. Follow the link provided in the downloaded file. (It may prompt me to share the file with you, depending on the user. I am on top of my e-mail and will share ASAP.)
2. Click File > Make a copy...
3. Create a folder in your Google Drive and title it with the name of the Literature Circle book you chose, along with the author’s name.
4. Move this document into the folder and make one copy of the file for each chapter. Title each document with the chapter number/name.
5. Replace the word “Student” for each job with a student’s name in the Literature Circle. Remember to do this for every chapter. Stagger the names so the students have the opportunity to experience every job.
6. Share the folder with each student in the Literature Circle.
*This product can also be used with Google Classroom!*
Note: Instead of discussing the jobs as a small group, I ask my students to comment on each other’s jobs within the Google Doc (Insert > Comment). This way, students are able to read each job, comment, and have a discussion digitally!
Another Note: I usually introduce the jobs with a shorter book before moving online so students get a good feel for each job.
If you have additional questions or want a more detailed description of my Literature Circles, feel free to post a comment or ask a question!