Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach students Onomatopoeia in a FUN way!
This guide has an explanation of Onomatopoeia... and so much more.
Here's what you will get:
1. Definition of Onomatopoeia, Examples of Onomatopoeia & Hints on how to spot Onomatopoeia
2. A matching exercise. Match the action with the sound.
3. Recognition exercises: Several sentences for students to read & underline the Onomatopoeia they find.
4. A short reflection section on why an author/writer would use Onomatopoeia.
5. A link to a funny video that shows a lot of different Onomatopoeia words. Make grammar FUN with this silly video. Students will identify & mark 5 example Onomatopoeia words from this video.
6. Action bubbles for students to crate their own Onomatopoeia.
7. Sentence Writing: Students will write complete sentences with the Onomatopoeia they choose.
8. Relevant learning: Students will open their current assigned reading (Novel, Article, etc.) from class & identify Onomatopoeia within that text.
9. THEN, students will hypothesize which Onomatopoeia words they could add to this text. They will explain where in the text it could be added & why it would fit there.
After using this worksheet, I guarantee your students will remember Onomatopoeia!
The best part is... you can use it year after year for a fun class that REALLY works.