Also included in
- This Figurative Language BOOM CARDS™ BUNDLE of task cards for 3rd-6th grade includes hyperboles, similes/metaphors, alliteration, idioms, proverbs/adages, personification, onomatopoeia, and puns task cards on the BOOM PLATFORM. This BUNDLE is perfect for teachers who need want engaging and informat$21.00$27.00Save $6.00
This onomatopoeia BOOM CARDS™ activity is perfect for students learning about figures of speech. This file is was created for 3rd-6th grade
This onomatopoeia deck includes:
- 34 task cards (2 onomatopoeia instructional pages and 32 onomatopoeia task cards with a variety of questions)
- Task cards 3-18 your students will first tap the onomatopoeia and then they will choose from multiple-choice answers, what was making that sound in each statement.
- Task cards 19- 26 are multiple-choice answers, where your students will choose the onomatopoeia word that should go with the action happening.
- Task cards 27- 34 are drag and drop questions where your students will drag and drop the best onomatopoeia into each statement.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
- You may need your purchase ID from TPT in order to redeem your deck. If you do not know how to find your Purchase ID, click here to watch a 30 second video that shows you how.
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
This Onomatopoeia product is the SEVENTH in a series of EIGHT products about figures of speech (figurative language). The others can be found here:
SAVE AND BUY THE WHOLE BUNDLE!
My newest figurative language product is for use as a daily warm-up, early finisher, or homework activity (designed to be 4-6 minutes each day including correcting and/or discussion time). Check it out here:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.