This product was requested by a member of the Ontario Teachers' Resource - Grades 1/2 Facebook group. The examples from the thumbnails are from my SK/1 class. They're math prodigies!
I use these resources for learning centres, lessons, assessments, and math conferences (guided math).
Please see the PREVIEW for more examples of this resource in action!
This resource follows the Ontario Mathematics curriculum (Patterning and Algebra strand) for Grades 1 and 2. Naturally, it is also closely linked to several Number Sense and Numeration strands. Many of these concepts are the same or similar to the Ontario Kindergarten Mathematics curriculum: adding and subtracting to ten, 1-to-1 correspondence, more and less than concepts, et cetera.
Topics and activities currently included:
- assessment/observation checklists
- word wall words (with clipart)
- more than, less than, and equal to (drawing sets of objects)
- expressions of equality using adding (with diagrams)
- using a pan balance to show inequality/equality, problem-solving
- sorting equal and not equal expressions in a T-chart
- Friends of Ten rainbow (different ways to add to 10) - black+white and colour versions
- adding zero (drill page, word problems)
- using unifix cubes to add to 10 and 18 in different ways
- cut-and-paste the missing number in the equation
- 3x colour-by-number (missing # in equation)
- word problems (including with Canadian coins)
- open problems (including personal checklists)
bonus - creating equal fractions open word problems
Remember to leave feedback to earn TPT points. These can be used toward future purchases!