Also included in
- Teaching the elements of art has never been this much fun! Op Art is a fascinating way to show students how the elements of art can be put into use. This valuable bundle will give you lots of options for teaching Op Art that will give you enough variety to teach it year after year or do something c$42.00$63.00Save $21.00
- This is an opportunity to own a large bundle of my most popular Expressive Monkey Art Lessons at a discounted price (Drawing Resources are in a separate bundle). This bundle will change over time to include newer lessons that I make. (So keep your eye out for emails letting you know that I've upda$172.00$246.25Save $74.25
What if Victor Vasarely designed Easter Eggs? I bet they would look pretty swanky! Treat your students to this eye-catching art lesson that will have your students making wickedly cool op art eggs any time of the year.
This lesson is rich with inter-disciplinary connections to math, science, color theory and perspective drawing. The illustrated step-by-step instructions and optional templates will take the fear out of these exquisitely complicated eggs. When you show students how art concepts and color theory can come alive to create optical illusions it will help reinforce what they may already know in a way that is sure to tickle their fancy.
There are plenty of design choices and ways to differentiate the lessons so that students can challenge themselves as much or as little as they want. This is probably one of the more challenging op art lessons I've created, however, and I would recommend trying this with grade 6 and above. (Although the coloring pages could be used with younger students as a starting point.)
Your students will:
• Learn about contrasting colors
• Learn about Op Art and how implied contours are created.
• Learn how the laws of perspective help create the illusion of space in the eggs.
• Make one (or more) of 7 different egg designs.
• Fill out a label and rubric.
• Color Theory - color complements & contrasting colors
• The Science of Op Art - implied contours
• The Elements of Art - positive & negative shapes, color, line
• Perspective Drawing
• Geometry (parallel lines, perpendicular lines)
What You Get
• Contrasting Colors lesson & presentation (34 pages)
• Op Art Eggs Presentation (46 pages)
• Teacher Instructions (9 pages)
• Vocabulary Terms (3 pages)
• Bulging Egg (2 pages)
• Diamond Egg (2 pages)
• Mixed Shape Egg (2 pages)
• Irregular Egg (2 pages)
• Long Shaped Egg (2 pages)
• Diamond Egg with Background (2 pages)
• Mixed Shape Egg with Background (2 pages)
• Egg Template / Instructions (3 pages)
• Starter / Coloring Pages (9 pages)
• Labels and Rubrics (5 pages)
A total of 123 pages
Please take a look at the preview to get a snapshot of what you get.
Here are some more lessons that teach about the Click here to see more Elements of Art Lessons..
Here are some more lessons that teach about Click here to see more Op Art Lessons..
Thanks for visiting!