Open-Ended Math Questions
I created these resources because I wanted a bank of open-ended questions. I like giving open-ended questions because it reveals students’ thought processes. They can approach problems in their own way. You can differentiate for all of the needs in your class and many students will have success. I also love that I can challenge my fast finishers to come up with several solutions while the rest work at their slower pace and provide one or a couple examples.
Each resource includes:
• Colored graphics
• 4 different cards on a page
• Print on cardstock and laminating
I use these for small groups. I provide blank paper and students choose manipulatives, if required, to work on the problem.
MATH JOURNAL PAGES
• Black and white graphics (Ink friendly!)
• 2 to a page
• There is a math notebook page for each task card
• Most of the math notebook pages have a customizable version
- Regular version: The sum of 2 numbers is 10. What might those numbers be?
- Customizable version: The sum of 2 numbers is ___. What might those numbers be?
I use these when I want to students to work on problems individually. I like using the customizable versions so that they aren’t tempted to copy each other!
This bundle includes:
Data Management & Probability
Length, Area & Perimeter
Volume & Mass
Check out the product pages to see previews for each unit.
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me in the Product Q&A section below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for looking!